I remember when my pops was first diagnosed. I was 7. He taught me the signs and symptoms of things to look for that may require me to call 911. He took me out driving to show me what to do if he ever passed out behind the wheel. I was 7...
My darling doesn't understand how A1C tests work. Cannot say that I completely understand it either. From what I gathered, it's an average percentage of blood glucose over the course of a period of time. My doctor made it sound like testing any less than 3 months between would be silly.
My dilemma today is that I'm not actually having a good diabetic day. My eyes are blurry and I'm so thirsty you'd think I didn't just go through the better half of a gallon of water. So here I am, I'm taking these pills, attempting to eat better, and my symptoms come and go occasionally. I don't know how normal that is. But I'm assuming it's all part of the complications of being diabetic.
When I told darling what was going on, he pretty much said maybe I should have more doctor visits and be put on a different medicine as if the medicine is a cure. The stress he causes me sometimes from not only NOT understanding my problem, but the mere fact he refuses to understand it, infuriates me to the point I want to send him into his own little diabetic coma for a little peace and quiet. He doesn't understand even the basics like I can't have sugar... Breads turn into sugar... Soda has lots of sugar... Fruits are sugar... Tomato sauce has added sugars... (A lot of his favorite meals i cook have tomato sauce or stewed tomatos)
Would it be better to just not tell him and pretend everything is ok? If I do that and something happens, he wouldn't know where to start. Part of me thinks it wouldn't matter if he did or didn't "know". Other parts of me feel like he just doesn't care enough to understand the severity of my situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment