Friday, March 22, 2013

A little alcohol goes a long way

Started off the evening with intentions of just stopping in to say happy birthday to a girl from my "crew". One of my best friends and I (haha proper drunken English right there!) agreed... One for her... None for the diabetic... Then we found the drink specials sign. On a friday might? No way!!! Sex with a captain $2. She buys one and has me try it. And in case you don't know, she loves sex on a beach, I love the captain. This was like a match made in heaven plus it was amazing. Even my mother would have loved it since it tasted like a reddish version of a fuzzy navel. (1) So why not? Just one. Went down smooth. Does Hollie want another? Ok I'm going too, sure!!! Goes really quick. Aaaand.... It's gone. Well hell I've already screwed up lets do it again. And again. 4 drinks later I'm singing the most depressing song I could find by Sara Bareilles. (2) Finally we decide to leave. My song put us to sleep. Got home, here I am. An idiot at best. However it was great seeing those girls. I do miss the days we'd boogie, and boy were there LOTS of those days. But now, I need to counter act what I just screwed up and I have no idea how. Plus I work at the makeup counter tomorrow from 10:30-7. Ughhhhhh.
Good night.
_____________

(1) My mother and fuzzy navels. She drinks it very slowly, so slow the ice melts. And occasionally, I mean once a decade, she makes it to the bottom. Usually ending with me in the hospital because she gave me something for a cold that LOOKED like cough syrup...but wasn't. One week and a Super Bowl Sunday later, the charcoal finally exits my system in the texture of black oil paints. Took forever to wipe. "The good shtuff alwaysh tashtes bad!" Uh huh.
(2) Not so much depressing as it was the only other song that wasn't "Love Song". Which don't get me wrong is an amazing song. But after 10pm, all Thundercats are go! No one sings a slow song after 10. And I really didn't think I could handle "Love Song" as sloshed as I was.

****Picture #1 is Hollie with her drinks #3 and #4 to catch up with me. On the bonus side I learned Braille today so when my blood sugar decides to blind me once and for all, I'm set.****

****Picture #2 is the fancy heels I managed to go the entire night in. Sure I was sitting, sure it was only 3 hours, sure they are only 2-3 inches tall with a hidden platform in the toe. I don't care!! That's more than I can normally do!!!****



No comments:

Post a Comment